NCEA Level 2 courses
We are accepting applications for our 2020 NCEA Level 2 programmes.
The entry criteria for our Youth Guarantee programmes are mainly set by TEC and must be met in order to access TEC funding. You must be:
- A domestic student
- Studying at least 50% of a full time, full year enrolment
- Not be enrolled in a secondary school at the same time
- Aged 16 to 19 years (inclusive) at the time you commence the YG programme (some 15 year old students may be eligible if they have an early leaving exemption from their school)
In addition, it is Dunedin Training Centre’s expectation that a learner who applies for a place on our Youth Guarantee programmes will:
- have sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to succeed in the attainment of this qualification.
- be proficient in the English language both spoken and written
- participate in the interview process
- participate in the orientation process
- complete the assessment tool at the beginning of their enrolment (and progress assessments throughout the year)
- be well-presented. i.e. clean and tidy clothing
- be fit and able to cope with the physical and mental demands of a trades workshop/primary industries workplace/ care home
- be willing to work with animals of all species and to take part in learning which may involve handling of animal body parts and fluids (for VP in Primary Industries)
Training for Work courses
The entry criteria for the Training For Work-Work Connect programmes are set by the Ministry of Social Development. Registered job seekers are referred by Work and Income NZ.
The entry criteria for the V.I.B.E programme are set by the Ministry of Social Development. You must be between the ages of 18 – 24 and registered job seekers are referred by Work and Income NZ.